Businesses today are embracing mobility and encouraging “bring your own device” (BYOD) policies. As a result, corporate IT organizations are being challenged to support employee-owned devices while maintaining the security and integrity of corporate assets. Mobile hackers specialize in creating apps that steal information from mobile devices, and even legitimate apps often leak sensitive information such as authentication credentials and passwords insecurely over the Internet.
Mobile Device Management (MDM) enables IT organizations to manage, provision and monitor mobile devices. However, MDM has its drawbacks. It does not secure mobile devices from the sophisticated attacks being mounted against users today, and traditional security appliances were not built to secure the 3G and 4G cellular traffic from mobile device.
Zscaler Mobile Security Features:
Zscaler’s Mobile Security Solution delivers the industry’s most advanced protection from mobile threats across multiple devices, including smartphones and tablets. In addition, Zscaler lets IT organizations separate business and personal use, ensuring that any malicious apps downloaded during personal use of these devices cannot gain access to your sensitive corporate assets.
Zscaler’s Mobile Security Solution extends the same comprehensive, advanced security features found in our Web Security Solution to smartphones and tablets, including:
- Mobile user and data security: Zscaler protects mobile users from advanced threats on mobile devices including botnets, malicious active content, phishing and XSS attacks. In minutes, you can apply policies that prevent access to unauthorized mobile app markets within your corporate network, and prevent phishing, malware and other advanced threats. In addition, our mobile security is backed by Zscaler’s guaranteed service level agreements.
- Safe Browser for Android: Zscaler’s SafeBrowser for Android provides a secure browsing environment for Android smartphones and tablets. Enterprises can deploy the SafeBrowser to corporate-owned as well as employee-owned Android devices as the default browser. Zscaler SafeBrowser for Android can also be easily deployed by leading MDM products.
- Unified Policy on Any Device: Zscaler delivers one, unified console to create and manage security policies across any device, including laptops, smartphones and tablets. IT administrators can define a user’s policy once and apply updates from a central console, with changes instantly reflected across all devices and applications including device security, app control, email, data loss prevention (DLP) and more.
- Real-time Reporting and Analysis: View any transaction, by any user, on any device in seconds with Zscaler’s real-time reporting and analytics. With just a few clicks, administrators can get detailed reports on application usage, threat detection, bandwidth usage and more, across multiple devices.
Why Add Zscaler Mobile Security?
Zscaler’s Mobile Security Solution leverages the full power of the Zscaler Secure Cloud Gateway, the world’s largest security cloud. Unlike static security appliances, Zscaler Mobile Security Solution requires no hardware or software to deploy, and is built from the ground up with the key capabilities required to address the challenges of enterprise mobility, including:
- Risk mitigation for corporate access on mobile devices: By protecting web access even from mobile devices, Zscaler minimizes the risk of allowing such devices to access critical corporate resources.
- No Latency: Zscaler’s global cloud infrastructure sends your Internet traffic to the nearest cloud, and combines ultra-fast processing with patented compression technology to deliver the industry’s most advanced security with near-zero latency. The result: mobile users are always protected, and won’t bypass your security measures to improve performance.
- Real-time Consolidated Reporting: Our patented NanoLog™ technology uses advanced compression techniques to provide consolidated reporting and analysis across devices, locations and users in real time. Learn more about Zscaler Real-time Reporting.
- One Secure Solution for Web, Mobile, Email: The challenges of purchasing and managing multiple point security appliances to secure multiple offices and globally distributed workforce can quickly overwhelm the resources of most IT organizations. With Zscaler, you get a single, seamless solution that integrates web security, mobile security and email security. Learn more about Zscaler Web Security, Direct to Net and Email Security.