Provide high availability across your entire virtualized IT environment without the cost or complexity of traditional clustering solutions. vSphere HA provides cost-effective high availability for any application running in a virtual machine, regardless of its operating system or underlying hardware configuration.
- Decrease downtime and improve reliability with business continuity
- Implement simple, cost effecitve high availability
Minimize Downtime from Server and Operating System Failures
vSphere High Availability (HA) delivers the availability needed by many applications running in virtual machines, independent of the operating system and application running in it. HA provides uniform, cost-effective failover protection against hardware and operating system failures within your virtualized IT environment.
- Monitors virtual machines to detect operating system and hardware failures.
- Restarts virtual machines on other physical servers in the resource pool without manual intervention when server failure is detected.
- Protects applications from operating system failures by automatically restarting virtual machines when an operating system failure is detected.
HA can be configured with a single click from within the vSphere Client interface to provide failover protection without requiring the complex setup and configuration of solutions tied to operating systems or applications. Because HA is simple to configure and requires minimal resources to provide protection, you can:
- Provide uniform protection of all of your applications from server and operating system failures, regardless of the server hardware or operating system used by the virtual machine.
- Establish a consistent first line of defense for your entire IT infrastructure.
- Protect applications with no other failover options and make high availability possible for software applications that might otherwise be left unprotected.
HA can be purchased as a component of all VMware vSphere editions and Acceleration Kits, plus the Essentials Plus Kit for the SMB.
vCenter Server is required to use this feature.