Improve agility and drastically reduce database TCO through database-aware virtualization and self-service lifecycle management with vFabric Data Director. Securely automate routine tasks, including database provisioning, high availability, backup, and cloning. Data Director is a unified platform for heterogeneous databases, currently supporting Oracle 10gR2, 11gR2, and VMware vFabric Postgres 9.0, 9.1. Enjoy the agility of public cloud database services with enterprise-grade security, flexibility, control and compliance.
- Reduce database hardware and license costs through database-aware virtualization on VMware vSphere®
- Increase agility through automated database lifecycle management
- Accelerate application development through policy-based self-service
Reduce Cost through Database–aware Virtualization on vSphere
Quickly virtualize databases on vSphere using built-in workflows and migrate physical databases to virtual using database ingestion. vFabric Data Director keeps security, data protection polices, resource consumption and database configuration best practices in check. Customizable database templates guarantee corporate compliance, increase resource utilization and eliminate the need to overprovision database resources.
- See significant database server consolidation and Oracle license savings
- Manage thousands of databases through a single pane-of-glass
- Standardize operating environment across organization
- Integrate resource management and security management with vSphere and vCloud Director organization hierarchy
Increase Agility through Automated Database Lifecycle Management
Leverage vSphere capabilities through the powerful web-based console. DBAs can automate the time-consuming database lifecycle management tasks and provide better SLAs to the business. DBAs can maintain consistent policy enforcement with automated resource, HA and backup policies for all databases, and enable developers to self-service provision, clone, snapshot and backup databases.
- Automate policy management across the enterprise
- Provide database-aware high availability with a simple click
- Perform patches and upgrades seamlessly
Accelerate Application Development through Self-Service
Let developers spend more time coding and less time waiting for database resources with vFabric Data Director. DBAs can spend time on business critical functions through automation of time-consuming routine tasks such as provisioning, cloning and backup.
- Extend DBA productivity with policy-based self-service database provisioning, cloning, backup and restore
- Increase developer agility and reduce time-to-market
- Dynamically scale databases as needed