VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat has an improved easy-to-use web interface that allows administrators to monitor and protect multiple instances of VMware vCenter Server from one location. Heartbeat has no hardware configuration dependencies and automatically detects standard VMware vCenter Server components and VMware View upon installation, providing instant monitoring and protection.
Ensure Availability and Disaster Recovery
VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat delivers high availability and disaster recovery for VMware vCenter Server and all of its components across the LAN or WAN, including the database and plug-ins like VMware vSphere Update Manager, eliminating costly, complex outages. VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat protects and recovers the VMware vCenter Server database instance, even if it’s installed on a separate server.
Protect Your Infrastructure
Preserve the mission-critical functionality of your virtual and cloud infrastructure by minimizing the risk of downtime for VMware vCenter Server. vCenter Server provides control over critical components such as vSphere vMotion and vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), and acts as an intermediary for other infrastructure and cloud components like VMware vCloud Director. Through continuous monitoring, VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat provides the broadest range of protection against application or operator errors, operating system or hardware failure, or external events.
- Proactively monitors and protects VMware vCenter Server with automated and manual failover and failback. vCenter Server Heartbeat monitors availability of all components of vCenter Server at the application and service layer, with the ability to restart or restore individual services. It uses a passive server instance to provide rapid failover and failback of vCenter Server and its components like vSphere Update Manager to a standby instance either onsite or to a remote datacenter. Provides the same level of protection for the vCenter Server database. Heartbeat provides the same level of protection for the vCenter Server database, monitoring and protecting the Microsoft SQL Server database associated with vCenter Server, even if it’s installed on a separate server.
- Enhanced architecture allows the active and standby nodes to be reachable over the network at the same time, enabling both to be patched and managed.
- Monitoring and protection for VMware View infrastructure - Heartbeat can monitor and protect VMware View Composer, allowing IT to maintain user productivity by ensuring the availability of virtual desktops.
- Protects VMware vCenter Server performance, alerts and events information, keeping it up-to-date even if VMware vCenter Server experiences an outage
Failover and Failback
- Automatic failover and failback of VMware vCenter Server - Failure detection, failover process and rules are embedded in the product, making manual recovery and failover process definitions unnecessary
- Real-time replication of all relevant application data - Heartbeart provides lossless recovery from outages by using data replication to keep the passive server up-to-date with any changes in real-time.
- Enables administrators to schedule maintenance windows and maintain availability by initiating a manual switchover to the standby server
- LAN or WAN failover capability - Heartbeat can protect vCenter Server against both local and site outages. Smart bandwidth compression and split-brain avoidance technology facilitate WAN failovers.
Ease of Use
- Easy to use improved integration with vCenter Server - Plug-in provides monitoring and management of Heartbeat from the vSphere Client. Heartbeat tasks and alarms are registered in vCenter and displayed in the vSphere Client.
- Easy-to-use user interface - new intuitive web interface in vCenter Server Heartbeat makes it easier to manage multiple instances of Heartbeat from a single point.
- Easy to install, configure and use - Heartbeat has no hardware configuration dependencies and automatically detects standard VMware vCenter Server components and VMware View upon installation, providing instant monitoring and protection.