Migrate to Windows 7 quickly by virtualizing your applications first, eliminating recoding and reducing regression testing. Generate MSI files that can be registered with the underlying host OS, then plug them into your existing desktop management systems. Reduce the risks of application migration and associated business down time, ensuring ongoing ease of management.
Key Benefits for IT Directors:
- Accelerate application migration & deployment to Windows 7
- Eliminate costly recoding and reduce regression testing costs with independent sandboxes
- Reduce the cost of maintaining secure locked-down desktops
- Consolidate Terminal Servers and dedicated application servers
- Enhance work-force mobility by running applications directly on external media, including USB Flash, CDROM, and unattached laptops
- Eliminate additional infrastructure investments in server hardware or software
- Deliver virtualized applications using existing management software delivery processes
Don’t limit your development environment to end user environments. Use the latest runtimes, frameworks and components for faster development time by linking virtual applications with key components like Java or .Net. Deploy the latest technologies to restricted user accounts with zero installation or impact on other applications. You can even deliver your application as a USB application.
Key Benefits for Developers:
- Package your applications in standard EXE and MSI files
- Deliver a zero-footprint application that doesn’t need an install
- Convert traditional applications to virtualized applications quickly and easily
- Streamline your regression testing with sandboxing and snapshot capabilities
- Package or link any runtime you want directly with your application
- Eliminate risks and conflicts with other applications on the endpoint
For Software Vendors (ISVs)
Deliver software that protects the local OS from modifications that might cause instability or breach security. Even restricted user accounts can safely run virtualized applications without requiring a local installation, making it much more appetizing for IT staff concerned about security. And with the ThinApp Virtual OS component a mere 400k on disk and occupying as little as 1 MB RAM at runtime, there is no noticeable impact on runtime performance.
Key Benefits for ISVs:
- Shorten your QA cycle by packaging your application, registry keys and DLLs, into an EXE file
- Deliver your application from any media, including USB drive or network to physical or virtual desktops
- Run in virtually any environment, including terminal servers, Citrix MetaFrame, locked-down desktops
- Reduce support costs by delivering an application that doesn't modify registry values or file systems