Operational Intelligence for your mobile applications
Mobile applications are critical for engaging with customers, employees and partners in the creation of new revenue opportunities. But finding new and better ways to run your business requires mobile apps that deliver a great user experience - they perform well, don't crash, and promote high levels of user retention, and that's not easy.
If you're like most enterprises, you have some major mobile challenges, including:
- Little or no insight into the use, availability or performance of your mobile applications.
- No visibility into when your infrastructure or back-end systems impact the mobile user experience.
- No single view of the user experience or user behavior across all the channels (desktop, mobile, web, POS) that your business uses to reach customers.
Splunk MINT extends Splunk's operational intelligence to your mobile applications.
With Splunk MINT you can:
- Deliver better performing and more reliable mobile apps
- Correlate mobile app data with application and infrastructure data for end-to-end performance and capacity insights
- Correlate application usage across mobile devices, web, and other channels to identify business opportunities and deliver omni-channel analytics
Splunk MINT can be used in two editions:
Splunk MINT Express offers developers a fast path to mobile application intelligence. Mobile app developers can quickly instrument mobile apps and view information in an easy to use console. The solution is entirely cloud-based, making administration and access to your mobile app performance information easy.
- Instrument mobile apps with a single line of code.
- Gain real-time insight into performance, crashes, and usage of your mobile apps
- Find and fix network and transaction performance issues
Splunk MINT Enterprise (Beta) combines your mobile application data with other data in Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud to give you end-to-end visibility and correlation so you can:
- Identify availability and performance issues across mobile apps, networks (LTE or Wi-Fi), and back-end systems
- Gain additional insight into how, where and when your users are using your mobile apps
- Compare and contrast app performance and usage with web- or client-based performance and usage
- Present new insights in real time to IT and business stakeholders using a single platform
Splunk MINT and Developers
Splunk MINT gives developers an easy SDK-based way of instrumenting applications. In as little as one line of code, developers can enable applications to provide information on crashes, usage, and performance.
Using Splunk MINT, developers benefit in many ways:
- Low overhead for adding manageability to their mobile apps
- Real-time insight to usage, crash, and performance data
- Insightful stacktrace information for app crashes
- Ability to correlate difference between versions
Splunk MINT and Operations
Splunk MINT provides immediate, real-time insight so operations can assess what's at fault with a mobile application. Is it the mobile app, the network or applications and databases on the back end?
With Splunk MINT Enterprise and Splunk Enterprise, operations can achieve access by:
- Lowering MTTR by quickly triaging the source of application faults, from the mobile app to the network to the backend and databases that support the app
- Gaining real-time insight on performance, allowing operations to make change infrastructure decisions before they impact users
- Better understand how the mobile experience stacks up relative to other channels
Splunk MINT and Business Insights
Splunk MINT helps you understand how your apps are being used, which gives your organization better insight into how mobile supports your business objectives, and how to evolve your mobile apps to provide even more business value.
With Splunk MINT Enterprise, you can:
- Get insights on which versions are in production, how frequently they're used, and where users are running your mobile apps
- Compare and contrast mobile application transactions and usage with other channels, so you can gather insight on how to optimize mobile as part of an omni-channel strategy