HIPAA - ArcSight Compliance
ArcSight Compliance Insight Package for HIPAA
The ArcSight Compliance Insight Package for HIPAA provides healthcare organizations that are implementing an IT governance program with a comprehensive foundation for complete security, privacy and compliance protection.
- Reduce the cost of compliance (HIPAA, state and national privacy laws) through automation of audits
- Reduce the risk of data breaches, negative publicity and loss of patient trust through continuous monitoring
- Generate security monitoring reports based on widely accepted standards, such as NIST 800-66 and ISO 27002-2005
Compliance Solutions for Healthcare Payers and Healthcare Providers
Healthcare payers utilize the ArcSight SIEM Platform to provide early detection of claims processing fraud and other cybersecurity threats through comprehensive monitoring of all user, application and system activity logs. The ArcSight SIEM Platform for healthcare providers enables complete visibility into security threats and compliance violations through automated network activity monitoring. ArcSight compliance solutions are used by leading healthcare organizations as well as federal and state regulators—including the United States Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) which administers HIPAA, and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance—to achieve the following benefits:
- Detect medical insurance fraud
- Protect the availability of claims processing infrastructure
- Eliminate expensive services by leveraging out-of-the-box best practices for security and compliance
- Mitigate the risk of non-compliance and disclosure along with associated fines, loss of customer trust, negative publicity and class action lawsuits
- Extract greater value from existing point security and identity-related IT investments
- Increase employee accountability of medical record access
ArcSight Compliance Insight Packages provide out-of-the-box monitoring reports based on widely accepted standards, such as NIST 800-66 (Guide for Implementing the HIPAA Security Rule) and ISO 27002-2005. The ArcSight SIEM Platform for healthcare payers and healthcare providers is modular and can be deployed collectively or in phases. These purpose-built monitoring solutions enable healthcare payers to accelerate HIPAA compliance projects without in-house or third-party compliance expertise. Healthcare organizations subject to Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulations can invest in similar purpose-built compliance monitoring solutions or use the ArcSight IT Governance content pack for a best practices-based approach.