- Large enterprises can now help protect their 10 Gigabit per second (Gbps) networks with vulnerability-based network protection from IBM. Network protection scales up to 40 Gbps by simply adding additional IBM Proventia Network IPS modules to a Crossbeam chassis. Now, large enterprises can design world-class protection into their new high-performance networks rather than leaving security as an afterthought.
- Carriers can now enhance the protection of their high-performance next generation networks and safeguard their new Internet-based services, such as VoIP and IPTV, that demand reliable and scalable protection. The new solution also provides a platform for telecommunications carriers to offer on-demand security services based on IBM Proventia Network IPS to their customers.
- Protects high-speed networks with vulnerability-based protection that scales from 2 to 40 gigabytes per second
- Enables telecommunication providers to deliver revenue-generating on-demand Internet security services to their customers
- Introduces next generation fire-wall technology to your networks by combining firewall and intrusion prevention system into a single solution
Integrating Crossbeam’s chassis-based security platform with state-of-the-art intrusion prevention
As large enterprises and telecommunication providers deploy new high-speed networks and move toward server consolidation and virtualization, maintaining the highest level of security becomes a challenge. Enterprises demand network protection that both keeps pace with the speed of the network and operates in virtual environments. IBM is a trusted security leader with solutions that both scale to protect high-speed networks and support data center consolidation efforts.
To help stop Internet security threats before they impact your business, IBM offers IBM Proventia Network Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) for Crossbeam. This solution integrates a chassis-based, next generation security platform with our industry-leading Proventia Network IPS. By delivering Proventia Network IPS on the Crossbeam platform, IBM now offers a single solution that scales to protect networks as fast as 40 gigabytes per second. This high-bandwidth protection also enables telecommunication carriers to deliver on-demand network security services to their clients.
Enterprises can combine Proventia Network IPS with a firewall in a single chassis to operate as a next generation firewall, routing network traffic first to the firewall and then to Proventia Network IPS. And Proventia Network IPS is powered by one of the world’s largest, most authoritative vulnerability databases. Managed services are available for enterprises that prefer to rely on the security expertise of IBM Internet Security Systems
Crossbeam and IBM can deliver and certify an integrated solution designed to meet your unique requirements. Overall, this solution offers world-class network protection in a platform designed for high performance, high availability and scalability.
Providing network protection for high-speed networks
As large enterprises and telecommunication providers upgrade their networks to speeds of 10 gigabytes per second and beyond, these organizations can now rely on security that keeps pace with the new high-speed networks. IT leaders can take advantage of this opportunity to build world-class protection into their networks rather than leaving security as an afterthought.
IBM Proventia Network IPS for Crossbeam can scale to protect high-speed networks by combining the power of multiple IPS instances in a single Crossbeam chassis. This load-balancing feature powers a single chassis to protect network traffic of 2 gigabytes per second with one module and 40 gigabytes per second with a fully loaded chassis. With linear scalability and hardware-based load balancing, the solution scales for enterprises to invest in the protection they need today and easily add additional modules as the network grows.
Both enterprises and telecommunications providers can rely on IBM Proventia Network IPS for Crossbeam to both support 10 gigabyte network interfaces and fully inspect 10 gigabytes of network throughput. Competing offerings have 10 gigabyte interfaces but only inspect 2 to 4 gigabytes of traffic. Balancing intrusion prevention system processing across multiple blades creates 10 gigabyte protection that can scale to support 40 gigabytes of throughput with additional modules in the single chassis.
This solution is powered by industry-leading IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force® research, which focuses on researching vulnerabilities to develop preemptive protection. This process involves discovering and analyzing vulnerabilities, collecting data from multiple research sources, monitoring and analyzing global Internet threats 24x7 and providing notification regarding threats in real-time. So you can rely on your data being available, accessible and protected.
Protecting Internet Protocol services and giving carriers the ability to provide managed security services for added revenue
IBM Proventia Network IPS for Crossbeam delivers carrier-class network protection to both secure Internet Protocol (IP)-based services and enable on-demand network security services. In addition to helping carriers protect their own networks from a wide range of online threats, IBM Proventia Network IPS for Crossbeam can enable carriers to offer managed security services to their customers using the IBM Proventia product family and Crossbeam as the delivery platforms. The combined IBM-Crossbeam solution can deliver:
- Virtualization. Create and support multiple policies for different network segments in single solution
- Flexible policy management. Protection policies can be shared across multiple blades to help simplify administration
- Centralized management system integration. Carriers can manage, monitor and analyze events efficiently using the Proventia Management SiteProtector™ system
IBM Proventia Network IPS leverages a scalable Crossbeam chassis platform for high availability and performance to help protect your network from outages. This means that carrier services such as Internet protocol television, voice over Internet protocol, Web hosting and IP-based mobile services can remain protected.
This industry-leading solution can also offer protection of protocols like Session Initiation Protocol, H.323, General Packet Radio Service Tunneling Protocol and more than 170 others—all on a platform that telecommunication carriers rely on for its high availability, high performance and modular/flexible design.
Delivering the next generation firewall
Deploying IBM Proventia Network IPS in the same chassis as a firewall creates a sequencing effect that can deliver the protection of a next generation firewall in a platform solution that is designed to help reduce operating costs and complexity. IBM Managed Services for a Next Generation Firewall can offer carrier-class reliability for your network. The service is designed for ease of deployment, maintenance and scale, combining best-of-breed security with high performance.