The Stonesoft Virtual IPS Appliance is a ready-made, easy-to-add network Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) appliance for demanding virtual environments. The solution protects applications and operating systems from threats against vulnerabilities in the virtual environment.
Using multiple analysis techniques, the Stonesoft IPS protects virtual hosts from network attacks, detects and prevents network traffic abuse, including Denial-of-Service (DoS) attacks and communications from unwanted applications, like P2P and streaming media.
The Stonesoft Virtual IPS provides flexible deployment options for physical and virtual network environments, in both inline IPS and IDS modes, without network topology changes. With a Layer-2 Firewall, the Stonesoft IPS allows easy and cost-effective firewall-like network segmentation and access control.
The Stonesoft SSL/TLS decryption and inspection feature gives network security administrators an efficient tool to monitor traffic inside the encrypted HTTPS within virtual network infrastructure. SSL/TLS inspection is available for Virtual IPS appliances for server-side protection.
The Stonesoft Virtual IPS Appliance is managed with the Stonesoft Management Center. The Stonesoft Management Center allows unified management of all Stonesoft Security appliances, both virtual and physical. Corporate security policy can be consistently enforced throughout the whole network. This brings organizations significant cost savings, flexibility and sustainability.
Comprehensive security with high-end technology
- Protects virtual networks and servers from modern and sophisticated attacks
- Protects from attacks launched inside encrypted HTTPS connections with SSL/TLS inspection feature
- Stateful access control and deep inspection
- Comprehensive network protection through seamless integration with Stonesoft firewall
- Gives more time to patch the vulnerable virtual services
- Collects audit information about network transactions
- Completely transparent to surrounding virtual client machines and network devices
- Easy virtual network deployment
Reduced costs with unified management
- Efficient administration for both physical and virtual security elements
- Comprehensive view of network security
- Remote maintenance and upgrades eliminate costly on-site visits
- Auto-updates and upgrades reduce administrators’ workload
- Comprehensive logging with easy-to-use filtering
- Automatic reporting with graphic reports and extensive customization
- Multiple alert methods
Stonesoft Virtual IPS Specifications
|Operating environment:||VMware ESX Server versions 4.0 and 4.1, ESXi versions 4.0, 4.1 and 5.0|
|Memory requirements:||2 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB recommeded with 64bit version|
|Disk requirements:||2 GB virtual disk minimum, 8 GB recommended|
|Virtual firewall image size:||140 MB|
|Network interfaces support:||A minimum of three virtual network interface and VLAN tagging 802.1Q|