BM Atlas eDiscovery Cost Forecasting and Management allows attorneys and legal controllers to project future discovery costs to avoid expense deviations and improve negotiations with legal adversaries. It includes comprehensive reports and intuitive dashboards to assess discovery costs by fiscal period. This decision support provides a shared view for legal, finance, and business partners to avoid surprises and drive decision making.
Single matter discovery cost control: Atlas eDiscovery Cost Forecasting and Management automatically calculates discovery costs for a matter at its outset. Discovery cost estimates are continuously updated as matter facts change so that attorneys can determine earliest and optimized matter resolution. Attorneys can control cost and effectively negotiate smaller scope through history, forecasts and scenario analysis. Legal teams can balance risk and cost in making narrow vs. wide discovery decisions.
Portfolio discovery cost control: With accurate forecasts, Atlas eDiscovery Cost Forecasting and Management enables coordinated expense timing and high cost matter visibility with finance, legal and business peers.
7 reasons to use Atlas eDiscovery to control discovery costs:
- Discovery and review have ballooned to 50-70% of legal costs
- Total cost is central to case strategy — yet without a reliable cost estimate, it is difficult to make good decisions
- Without good cost understanding, legal executives can't see or control impending costs across the portfolio
- Getting cost visibility requires data most attorneys don't have, such as key matter facts, pricing and historical matter context to calibrate the likely course of costs
- Outside counsel is insensitive to costs and can't reliably estimate data volume
- Corporate counsel is ill-equipped to routinely negotiate because they lack information to make a compelling burden argument
- Escalating data volume is driving high costs — and the legal holds process can contribute to higher volume if Legal relies on IT to retain all data and disable routine disposal, perpetuating the vicious cycle