Document imaging is essential technology for organizations today, connecting people to the information they need to make better decisions and work more productively. Advanced products go far beyond the traditional, document-scanning capture approach to provide a complete foundation for collecting and retrieving all enterprise content.
Because in all industries, departments and roles, the amount and complexity of unstructured data — e-mail, electronic files, multimedia, XML and hundreds of other types in addition to scanned documents — continue to multiply even as information technologies like ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems are deployed.
The most effective document imaging products address the fundamental issues surrounding this constant influx of content:
- Individuals are accumulating volumes of information for isolated purposes
- Efforts to find information are time-consuming, costly and often unsuccessful
- Disconnected information processes and technologies exist organization-wide
Shaped by experience. Built with imagination.
Through extensive experience and research, Perceptive Software has built innovative products that remove information obstacles and help customers operate at peak efficiency.
So users across an organization can capture, index, process and access a virtually unlimited amount of content of any type, creating a unified information platform that fits seamlessly into an existing IT infrastructure.
Perceptive Software makes the following business enhancements possible:
- Information is collected easily enterprise-wide and shared across boundaries
- Pertinent information is accessible immediately within the context of a process
- Content is consolidated in one repository yet synched with other technologies
Practical by design.
Document imaging products from Perceptive Software offer highly intuitive features that help users make the most out of valuable information assets. Product highlights include:
- Capture documents on demand from virtually any input device in any location
- Empower early information capture so users and processes benefit right away
- Automatically monitor and import e-mail, files on the network and faxes
- Convert data and print streams into readable documents to improve usability
- Apply bar codes, patch codes and OCR/ICR for sophisticated processing
Automated Indexing and Linking
- Automatically attach perfect metadata for fast, accurate information retrieval
- Link information automatically to related business applications and transactions
- Easily index content with unique requirements using unlimited metadata options
Seamless Information Access
- Find and view precise information the moment it’s needed with ImageNow
- Enable remote access to information from anywhere worldwide with WebNow
- Retrieve content directly from ERP and other applications without searching
- Access powerful viewing, management, workflow and other ECM functions
Advanced Content Extraction
- Pull data from scanned images to expedite processes and automate data entry
- Share data with other applications to update records in business systems
- Automatically analyze and verify extracted data to eliminate manual errors
High Volume and Ad-Hoc Capture
- Utilize high-volume document scanning devices and process large data files and print streams
- Capture single documents directly from MFPs, desktop scanners or PCs
- Collect large volumes of information from geographically dispersed locations