EMC Captiva: Intelligent enterprise capture software that does more than capture and transform your paper documents into application-ready information. It helps you lower costs, minimize risk, and connects the information required to get your job done.
Capture Anything from Anywhere
Unlike traditional back-office capture systems, today’s enterprises require the ability to capture documents throughout the enterprise, both from knowledge workers and in dedicated mailroom environments.
Intelligently Connect Documents
Captiva Intelligent Enterprise Capture automatically connects content from documents with your business systems. Automated classification and data extraction tools transform documents into ready-to-process business data, saving money and increasing accuracy.
Deliver Enterprise Capabilities
Captiva Intelligent Enterprise Capture isn’t just for large enterprises. It’s simple enough for smaller departments to implement quickly but robust enough to roll out across multiple departments and scale to support large, business-critical applications.
- EMC Captiva Intelligent Capture Solutions
- Data Sheet: Captiva 7.0
- Microsoft SharePoint with Intelligent Enterprise Capture
- A 15-Minute Guide to Intelligent Capture
- EMC's information intelligence strategy for leveraging Microsoft SharePoint in the enterprise information infrastructure.
- EMC Captiva vs. the Competition
- The Strategic Value of Information Capture
EMC Captiva Software Portfolio
Captiva InputAccel: Automate the capture of paper and electronic documents with intelligent capture for the enterprise.
Captiva Dispatcher: Automate document recognition and data capture using character recognition intelligence for document identification.
Captiva eInput: Benefit from remote, web-based document scanning, document capture, and document imaging throughout the enterprise and beyond.
Captiva InputAccel for Invoices: Employ automatic invoice capture and processing to recognize, validate, and export invoice data to financial business systems.
Captiva QuickScan Pro: Utilize desktop scanning for automated document management.
EMC Captiva InputAccel enables organizations to capture documents and data from paper, electronic files, and other sources, transforming it into digital content, and delivering it into content management systems and business processes. By helping businesses reduce manual paper handling steps, InputAccel minimizes processing errors, improves data accuracy, and accelerates business processes by making information instantly available in content repositories like Documentum, ApplicationXtender, and Microsoft SharePoint.
With InputAccel, businesses can leverage a proven enterprise document capture platform that scales to handle a few thousand documents or several million documents per day, allowing businesses to meet their future business growth.
- Device integration — Capture documents from hundreds of scanners, multi-function devices, fax, email, and other digital sources.
- Image quality checks — Enhance image quality and reduce file size storage requirements.
- Document identification — Increase productivity by automatically identifying scanned documents based on barcodes, patch codes, or separator sheets.
- Data capture — Reduce manual data entry by automatically capturing machine-printed text and bar codes.
- Business system integration — Automatically deliver documents and data into content management systems, workflow processes, and databases.
- Data validation — Set business rules to ensure the accuracy of captured data and reduce errors.
- High volume capture — Scale from capturing thousands to millions of document images per day to meet your future needs.
- Drag-and-drop capture flow designer — Develop capture flow quickly through processes a easy to use drag and drop designer.
EMC Captiva Dispatcher automatically recognizes large amounts of paper documents, captures the data, and delivers the information to the right systems, processes, and people. Businesses can identify all kinds of documents using intelligent recognition technologies. Machine and hand printed data are automatically captured using optical character recognition (OCR), intelligent character recognition (ICR), and barcode recognition.
Captiva Dispatcher replaces manual, error-prone, and expensive document sorting and data entry processes with automatic document recognition and data capture, EMC Captiva helps minimize the risk of error, reduce costs, and boost productivity.
Captiva Dispatcher delivers:
- Intelligent document recognition — Recognize all types of documents replacing manual and expensive document sorting steps.
- Intelligent data capture — Reduce manual data entry and accelerate processes through intelligent data capture.
- Business rules and validation — Establish business rules to ensure the accuracy of captured data and reduce errors.
- Process handwritten documents — Recognize handwritten documents like correspondence and route documents to appropriate departments for processing.
- Capture data from tables — Automate the capture of data from tables including invoices.
- Check reading — Automate the capture of data from personal and business checks reducing manual data entry and accelerating critical business processes.
- Multiple recognition technologies — Recognize machine and hand-printed data automatically captured to minimize the risk of errors.
EMC Captiva eInput supports distributed capture throughout – and beyond – large organizations. By capturing documents through an easy-to-use, web-based interface, organizations make it simple for branch offices, remote locations, and desktops throughout the enterprise to quickly scan and capture documents for content management and business applications.
eInput works with Captiva InputAccel to enable distributed capture and remote indexing anywhere within the organization. By capturing documents closer to where they are received or created, organizations speed up document capture, reducing time-consuming and costly document shipping.
- Remote scanning/remote indexing — Deploy and maintain web-based clients to easily scan, import, and index paper or electronic documents.
- Customizable web interface — Easily customize the web-based scanning and indexing interface and easily integrate other web business applications.
- Captiva InputAccel integration — Leverage InputAccel capture process and connectors into content management systems and business applications.
- Offline scan/index — Enable mobile workers to scan and index when remote capture is unavailable, providing no loss of productivity.
- Scanner/peripherals support — Easily capture images with desktop scanners, multifunction peripherals (MFPs), and other capture devices.
- Business rules/validations — Define custom business rules and database lookups to ensure that captured information is accurate and complete.
- Audit trail — Maintain a comprehensive audit trail of all submitted documents to include end user usage metrics.
- Encryption/VPN support — Gain support for common security environments and ensure all remotely captured data is securely transmitted.
Captiva InputAccel for Invoices
EMC Captiva InputAccel for Invoices transforms paper invoices into digital images, automatically capturing the invoice data, validating, and delivering into a workflow process, content management, and ERP systems.
By automating the capture and validation of invoices, organizations reduce processing times, streamline the approval process, and shorten invoice retrieval times to seconds. By accelerating the capture of invoices, businesses gain better visibility into their overall accounts payable process, allowing businesses to take advantage of early payment discounts that can provide significant cost savings.
InputAccel for Invoices delivers:
- Invoice data capture — Reduce data entry by automatically recognizing invoice data including line item details.
- Identify vendor invoices — Recognize vendor invoices easily without pre-sorting or using manual steps to improve productivity.
- Business rules and validation — Validate purchase order and invoice data accurately using hundreds of built in business rules.
- Integration with SAP — Deliver captured invoice data directly into SAP.
- Single, multi-page invoices — Handle single and multi-page invoices without manual processing steps involved.
- Exception handling — Route problem invoices to queue for quick problem resolution.
Captiva QuickScan Pro
EMC Captiva QuickScan Pro is an out-of-the-box desktop scanning and document capture solution. QuickScan Pro enables organizations to scan documents in batches, view automatically separated documents, and manipulate files before exporting them in popular file formats. This desktop scanning solution can also be easily integrated into document management systems, serving as the scan modules for delivering captured, enhanced images into a content management system.
QuickScan Pro is ideal for small and midsize businesses, as well as departments within larger organizations, to eliminate manual paperwork and automate the handling of thousands of documents.
EMC Captiva QuickScan Pro delivers:
- Scanner integration — Gain compatibility with more than 400 types of scanners and deploy document capture quickly and easily.
- Image enhancement filters — Improve image clarity, recognize barcodes, and remove blank pages with desktop imaging.
- Multi-page document setting — Append a multi-page document, and delete or insert images in a multi-page document with desktop scanning.
- Image annotations — Enhance images with highlighting, apply redaction, sticky notes, and more with desktop document capture.
- Managed mode — Enable ad hoc scanning for multiple users to share profiles over a network, simplifying deployment for workgroups.
- SharePoint connectivity — Deliver extracted data directly to SharePoint from paper documents processed through desktop imaging.