EMC Documentum xCP Application Composition: Composition tools for rapidly building BPM and case management applications. Model and deploy business processes and document workflows, create electronic forms, and design user interfaces using a graphical toolset. xCP applications are configuration-based and require minimal custom code.
Build Applications Faster
Accelerate application development with reusable components and model-based composition, using graphical business process modeling, electronic forms, and UI design tools.
Leverage modern iterative and agile development practices. Better satisfy user requirements with rapid prototyping.
Repeat, Reuse, Repurpose
Reuse the process snippets, form controls, and UI widgets provided with the xCP toolset across multiple applications. Repurpose software components to simplify maintenance and support.
Reduce Project Risk
Scope development time more accurately and hit development milestones more reliably by eliminating the need to write code. Reduce the amount of testing required with xCP’s validation and debugging tools.
EMC Documentum xCP Process BuilderDevelop, validate, and deploy models for automating content-centric, dynamic business processes.
EMC Documentum xCP Forms BuilderCreate electronic, multi-channel forms for data capture within business processes.
EMC Documentum xCP Process Builder
EMC Documentum xCP Process Builder is a graphical tool which aids process improvement through the discovery, analysis, and modeling of business processes. Process Builder enables business analysts to create highly descriptive process models and associate detailed metadata with process activities and tasks.
Process Builder contains pre-defined activity templates that include built-in work steps to make business processes executable. It defines multiple routing types including conditional, branching, joining, parallel, and sequential, and it will:
- Detail work activities and queues, user roles, task interfaces, and priorities.
- Define structured data types, which model and store data objects used within a process.
- Define rules that will be used to automate and track activities, and streamline/manage process flow.
- Model external events that link with or affect process execution.
- Configure explicit exception handling or "reverse" paths.
- Specify use of electronic forms inputs for any task.
- Access a robust user model that supports standard directory services such as LDAP.
- Apply version control for change management and process improvement.
- Use interactive process debugging to improve quality, check process logic, and minimize QA effort.
The process models created in EMC Documentum xCP Process Analyzer can be seamlessly transferred into Process Builder to add execution details to the business-level definition of the process.
EMC Documentum xCP Forms Builder
EMC Documentum xCP Forms Builder enables process developers to design and deploy electronic forms to capture data, validate it, and transfer it directly into EMC Documentum. Multi-channel, dynamic forms can help improve the user experience and data accuracy, reduce data entry errors, and provide a natural interface between an organization and its customers. Data captured from the form can drive business processes.
Both HTML and printable eforms can be designed with Forms Builder and deployed in any WDK client (including EMC Documentum xCP TaskSpace, EMC Documentum Webtop, and EMC Documentum Records Manager). They can also be deployed in external applications such as portals and attached to emails. Printable forms can leverage existing MS Word, Open Office, or PDF form templates to create and manage online forms that appear exactly like paper forms that users already understand.
Forms Builder also features:
- Comprehensive data field options including rich text, date fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, list boxes, dropdown lists, and buttons
- External data source connectors
- Initialization and validation logic
- Conditional value and auto-calculation logic
- Event processors such as submit, save, reset, and more
Forms Builder allows for rapid design and deployment of interfaces that are used to capture and validate data within a process. Forms Builder is compliant with the W3C XForms standard and meets the declarative XML GUI specification.
In addition to supporting electronic form design, Forms Builder enables process developers to design user interface components that can be exposed within EMC Documentum xCP TaskSpace client interfaces.