The WLC2 is intended for branch office, retail store, and small business, deployments where fewer than five access points are needed, yet full operation is required even if the branch becomes disconnected from the corporate network.
The WLC2 supports demanding wireless applications, such as voice and video over WLAN, and allows offloading of policy enforcement and data forwarding to access points for optimized traffic flow, reduced latency, and scalability.
- Two 10/100 fast Ethernet ports, one with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE)
- Support for up to four WLA series access points
- Stateful per-user and per-service firewalls
- Support for wireless intrusion protection
- 802.1Q trunking and per-VLAN spanning tree (PVST+)
- Complete wired-to-wireless quality of service (QoS)
- Built-in policies that allow per user, protocol, or class-of-service (CoS) mapping
- Can be configured and managed locally or remotely with automatic no-touch deployment
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) or SpectraLink Voice Priority (SVP) options ensure optimal QoS for voice traffic
Up to 64 WLC Series Wireless LAN Controllers of any size may be grouped together to form a single Mobility Domain that shares user session information between member controllers, allowing users to roam seamlessly from access point to access point, indoors and outdoors, even across different controllers within a given Mobility Domain, without ever needing re-authentication.
Nonstop Wireless Availability:
The WLC2 can also participate as a member of a Virtual Controller Cluster, comprising up to 32 WLC Series Wireless LAN Controllers of any size. Juniper Networks' unique Virtual Controller Cluster provides many-to-many resiliency for each controller simultaneously in service without needing hot-standby controllers, enabling nonstop wireless availability with hitless failover for all sessions including voice. This feature also allows in-service upgrades, adds, moves, and changes with zero downtime.
Small Branch Office
1 x 10/100BASE-T, 1 x 10/100 POE
Etherchannel, 802.3ad, PVST+ N:1 / N:N WLA to WLC Failover
- 7.5 x 5.75 x 1.25 in (19 x 14.6 x 3.2 cm)
- 1.5 lbs (0.7 kg)
- Operating: 0 to +50° C
- Storage: -20 to +70° C
10% - 90%
100-240 VAC. 50-60Hz Auto Sensing
1.2 AMP at 115 VAC, 1.2 AMP at 230 VAC