Asset Discovery Software
Discover all the assets in your network. In minutes.
At AlienVault, we believe that security practitioners and IT professionals have enough to worry about, and more than enough work to do. The first thing to worry about is what’s connected to your network.
Within minutes of installing AlienVault Unified Security Management (USM) you’ll be able to discover all of the IP-enabled devices on your network, what software is installed on them, how they’re configured, any potential vulnerabilities and active threats being executed against them.
You'll be able to quickly answer questions such as:
- What devices are on my network?
- What are users doing?
- What vulnerabilities exist in my network?
- Are there known attackers trying to interact with my network?
- Are there active threats in my network?
Correlate Asset Info with Threat & Vulnerability Data
Know What’s On Your Network.
It's a problem when you don't know what’s on your network, or how your devices are configured. Wouldn't you prefer certainty?
Automated asset discovery can start you on the path to certainty. AlienVault’s Unified Security Management™ platform (USM) combines two core discovery and inventory technologies to give you full visibility into the devices that show up on your network.
Passive Network Monitoring
highlights hosts on your network and their installed software packages. Information collected includes:
- IP and hardware MAC address pairings. This is used for inventory and to detect MAC spoofing
- IP header analysis to identify operating systems and running software packages
- TCP/IP traffic analysis for OS fingerprinting and basic network topography
Active Network Scanning
gently probes your network to coax responses from devices. These responses provide clues that help identify the device, the OS, running services, and the software installed on it. It can often identify the software vendor and version without having to send any credentials to the host.